Schlumberger NV (SLB): Today's Featured Energy Winner
Schlumberger (SLB) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Schlumberger rose $1.75 (2.4%) to $74.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10.7 million shares of Schlumberger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $73.15-$74.92 after having opened the day at $73.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.71. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: GeoResources (GEOI), up 18.7%, Global Geophysical Services (GGS), up 17.5%, Houston American Energy Corporation (HUSA), up 10.4%, and GeoGlobal Resources (GGR), up 9.4%. Schlumberger Limited, together with its subsidiaries, supplies technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to the oil and gas exploration and production industries worldwide. Schlumberger has a market cap of $95.01 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.8, above the average energy industry P/E ratio of 18 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 23 analysts that rate Schlumberger a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Schlumberger as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Schlumberger Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV