Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Johnson & Johnson rose 66 cents (1%) to $64.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11.1 million shares of Johnson & Johnson exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $63.84-$64.58 after having opened the day at $63.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.77. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Medgenics (MDGN), up 23.5%, Amyris (AMRS), up 19.2%, Accelr8 Technology Corporation (AXK), up 18.1%, and Biodel (BIOD), up 15.2%. Johnson & Johnson engages in the research, development, manufacture, and sale of various products in the health care field worldwide. Johnson & Johnson has a market cap of $173.97 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.8, above the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 17.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Johnson & Johnson a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Johnson & Johnson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins, increase in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Johnson & Johnson Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about JNJ
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV