Fossil Inc. (FOSL): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Winner
Fossil (FOSL) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Fossil rose $2.97 (2.4%) to $129.05 on light volume. Throughout the day, 487,961 shares of Fossil exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $126.97-$129.48 after having opened the day at $127.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $126.08. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Ethan Allen Interiors (ETH), up 11%, Diebold Incorporated (DBD), up 5.8%, Leapfrog (LF), up 5.4%, and American Woodmark Corporation (AMWD), up 5%. Fossil, Inc. designs, develops, markets, and distributes consumer fashion accessories worldwide. Fossil has a market cap of $7.76 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 27.2, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 58.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Fossil a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Fossil as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Fossil Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV