International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner
International Business Machines (IBM) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, International Business Machines rose $3.57 (1.8%) to $203.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, four million shares of International Business Machines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $201.80-$203.69 after having opened the day at $202 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $200. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Cray (CRAY), up 20.9%, Apple (AAPL), up 8.9%, Mitek Systems (MITK), up 8.7%, and Silicon Graphics International (SGI), up 7.1%. International Business Machines Corporation provides information technology (IT) products and services worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Global Technology Services, Global Business Services, Software, Systems and Technology, and Global Financing. International Business Machines has a market cap of $230.13 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.6, below the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio of 14.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate International Business Machines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates International Business Machines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full International Business Machines Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV