Next, an affidavit of Ms. Sally Lent, an employee of Broadridge Financial Solutions, as to the distribution beginning on March 14, 2012 to our shareholders of record as of February 27 of a notice regarding the availability of proxy materials for the annual meeting to be held on April 25, 2012 or paper copies of those proxy materials. The notice informed our registered shareholders of the availability online of the notice of meeting, the proxy statement for this meeting, and the 2011 annual report to shareholders.
Shareholders were also informed how to obtain these proxy materials in paper form or by e-mail, at no charge. The notice disclosed the date, time, and location of this meeting, as well as the items to be voted on. Copies of the proxy materials have been posted on the internet and provided in paper form to those shareholders who requested them. I will file these materials with the minutes of the meeting. Jim?
Jim Cracchiolo – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
The Inspector of Elections has reported the existence of a quorum, so we will proceed with the business of this meeting, which I now call to order. First, I'm pleased to introduce my colleagues on the Board who are with us today. Once I have introduced them all, I ask that you please join me in a warm round of applause in recognition of their efforts on behalf of Ameriprise Financial and its shareholders. Will the directors please stand as I call your name and please remain standing until I introduced you all? Siri S. Marshall; Lon R. Greenberg, our newest director who joined the Board last year; Warren D. Knowlton; W. Walker Lewis; Jeffrey Noddle; H. Jay Sarles; Robert F. Sharpe, Jr.; William H. Turner, please join me in giving our Board a warm round of applause.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV