- On March 12, 2012, the Company announced that it had entered into a merger agreement with UnionBanCal Corporation. Pursuant to the merger agreement, each outstanding share of the Company’s common stock will receive cash in the amount of $46.00 per share upon consummation of the Merger. The acquisition requires approval from banking regulators and is subject to other customary closing conditions, and is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2012;
- Achieved a return on average assets of 1.15% and a return on average equity of 8.54% for the three months ended March 31, 2012;
- Improved net interest margins to 4.29% for the first quarter of 2012, compared with 3.99% for the first quarter of 2011; and
- Increased regulatory capital ratios to 12.8% and 20.6% for Tier 1 Leverage and Total Risk-Based Capital, respectively.
Pacific Capital Bancorp Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.