5. Washington Federal
Shares of Washington Federal (WAFD) of Seattle closed at $17.17 Tuesday, returning 23% year-to-date, following a 16% decline last year.
Based on an 8-cent quarter payout, the shares have dividend yield of 1.86%.For its fiscal second quarter ended March 31, Washington Federal reported net interest income of $104.6 million, increasing 1% from the previous quarter and 3% year-over-year. The net interest margin for the fiscal second quarter was 3.29%, according to HighlineFI, increasing from 3.23% the previous quarter and 3.21% a year earlier. Fiscal second-quarter net income was $34.1 million, or 32 cents a share, increasing from $33.4 million the previous quarter, and $25.8 million, or 23 cents a share, a year earlier. The year-over-year earnings improvement reflected a decline in the provision for loan losses to $18 million in the fiscal second quarter, from $30.8 million, in year-earlier period. The fiscal second-quarter ROA was 1.00%, while the ROE was 7.12%. The shares trade for 1.1 times tangible book value, according to HighlineFI, and for 11 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.54. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $1.32. Interested in more on Washington Federal? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV