5. Washington Federal
Shares of Washington Federal (WAFD) of Seattle closed at $17.17 Tuesday, returning 23% year-to-date, following a 16% decline last year.
Based on an 8-cent quarter payout, the shares have dividend yield of 1.86%.For its fiscal second quarter ended March 31, Washington Federal reported net interest income of $104.6 million, increasing 1% from the previous quarter and 3% year-over-year. The net interest margin for the fiscal second quarter was 3.29%, according to HighlineFI, increasing from 3.23% the previous quarter and 3.21% a year earlier. Fiscal second-quarter net income was $34.1 million, or 32 cents a share, increasing from $33.4 million the previous quarter, and $25.8 million, or 23 cents a share, a year earlier. The year-over-year earnings improvement reflected a decline in the provision for loan losses to $18 million in the fiscal second quarter, from $30.8 million, in year-earlier period. The fiscal second-quarter ROA was 1.00%, while the ROE was 7.12%. The shares trade for 1.1 times tangible book value, according to HighlineFI, and for 11 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.54. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $1.32. Interested in more on Washington Federal? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV