- Discover Financial (DFS - Get Report) grew its first-quarter net interest income by 3% sequentially and 10.5% year-over-year, to $$1.3 billion during the first quarter. The company was excluded from our list because its net interest margin declined to 7.63% during the first quarter from 7.95% in the fourth quarter. Discover's first-quarter return on average assets (ROA) was 3.63% and its return on average equity (ROW) was a world-beating 29.57%, according to HighlineFI.
- Capital One Financial (COF - Get Report) saw its first-quarter net interest income increase by 7% sequentially and 9% year-over-year, to $3.4 billion. The company was excluded from our list because its first-quarter net interest margin of 6.20% declined from 7.26% the previous quarter, reflecting the fact that the deposits gained through the company's ING Direct (USA) acquisition have yet to be deployed through the purchase of HSBC's (HBC) U.S. credit card portfolio, which is expected to be completed during the second quarter. Capital One's first-quarter ROA was 2.28% and its ROE was 17.02%, according to HighlineFI.
6 Banks Actually Growing Their Banking Business
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.