NEWARK, Del., April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Artesian Resources Corporation (NASDAQ: ARTNA) announced today that its Board of Directors has approved a 2.5% increase in the Class A and Class B Common shareholders' dividend, raising the annual dividend to $0.7912 per share. The quarterly dividend of $0.1978 is payable on May 22, 2012 to shareholders of record at the close of business on May 9, 2012.
Artesian has increased its dividend each year for the past 15 years. "We remain focused on delivering value to our shareholders while providing safe, reliable service to our customers," said Dian Taylor, Chair, President and CEO of Artesian Resources. "Our ability to increase dividends, year after year, reflects the strength and stability of our business and the outstanding performance and commitment of our employees and management team."
About Artesian Resources
Artesian Resources Corporation operates as the holding company of eight wholly-owned subsidiaries offering water, wastewater and engineering services on the Delmarva Peninsula. Artesian Water Company, the principal subsidiary, is the oldest and largest investor-owned public water utility on the Delmarva Peninsula, and has been providing water service since 1905.SOURCE Artesian Resources Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV