The risks and uncertainties that we believe are material are outlined in Nielsen’s 2011 Form 10-K and other filings and materials, which you can find on ir.nielsen.com. We encourage you to consult these documents for a more complete understanding of these risks and uncertainties. We disclaim any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as may be required by securities laws. A slide presentation that we’ll use on this call is available under the event section of our website at ir.nielsen.com.
We use certain non-GAAP measures to evaluate the results of our operations. We believe these non-GAAP measures provide useful information to investors regarding financial and business trends when viewed in conjunction with our GAAP results of operations. Further definition and a reconciliation of these non-GAAP measures to our results under GAAP is available at the end of our press release within the appendix of the webcast slide presentation and also on our IR website.
And now to start the call, I’d like to introduce our CEO, David Calhoun.
Hi. Good morning, everyone. We’ll start off with the big numbers in the first quarter. Revenue grew 3% on a reported basis, 4% in the constant currency basis, adjusted EBITDA grew 4% on a reported basis and 5% in the constant currency basis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV