Sodexo Ranked #2 On The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies For Diversity List For Second Consecutive Year
GAITHERSBURG, Md., April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2012 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list was announced last night, with Sodexo named the No. 2 company. The list included companies from a wide range of industries, including consulting, retail, manufacturing and banking. The full list can be found at www.DiversityInc.com/top50.
"There's a reason Sodexo has been in the top two for three years in a row. This company is the best we've ever seen at measuring and documenting the benefits of diversity in the workplace. The diversity initiatives led by Global CEO Michel Landel, U.S. CEO and President George Chavel and Senior Vice President and Global Chief Diversity Officer Dr. Rohini Anand are a model for all other companies," said Luke Visconti, CEO of DiversityInc. "There is a constant process of improvement, and they mentor their customers in improving their diversity-business results. Sodexo continues to improve the diversity of its demographics at all levels. In 2011, almost half the college hires were women and more than 40 percent were Black, Latino, Asian or American Indian."
"We are celebrating a ten-year diversity journey that has enriched, informed, and improved our business and led to a systemic culture change. Through the inclusion of people and the integration of diversity of thought, we are better able to design, manage, and deliver quality of life services to our customers and meet the needs and expectations of the communities we serve," said George Chavel, president and CEO of Sodexo. "While our progress is exciting and impactful, there are still many opportunities yet to be realized. Our partnership with DiversityInc ensures we are benchmarking against the most forward-thinking companies and identifying opportunities to further embed diversity and inclusion into our culture," added Chavel.
In a breakthrough year, huge gains in diversity were seen at the senior-most levels. At the CEO level, companies in the 2012 DiversityInc Top 50 have twice the percentage of women as the Fortune 500, triple the percentage of Asians and four times the percentages of Blacks and Latinos. There also were significant year-to-year increases in the DiversityInc Top 50. For example:
- 36% more Blacks, Latinos and Asians in the top executive level
- (CEO and direct reports) vs. last year
- 7% more women in the top executive level vs. last year
- 15% more Blacks, Latinos and Asians on boards of directors vs. last year
- 13% more procurement with minority- and women-owned businesses vs. two years ago
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV