The gaming company is scheduled to report third-quarter results on Thursday. On average, analysts anticipate earnings of 66 cents a share on revenue of $223.56 million."BYI is deliberating whether the Ohio regulator's permission to ship units this quarter is sufficient for revenue recognition of these units," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in an April 17 report. "We remain Market Perform rated as our [fiscal year] 2013 [earnings per share] estimate is 7% below consensus on a very sensitive model (50 unit sales = $0.01 EPS)." Shares of Bally Technologies hit a 52-week high on Wednesday of $48.50. The stock's 52-week low of $24.74 was set on Oct. 4. Bally Technologies has a forward P/E of 15.7; the average for gambling companies is 14.45. For comparison, Penn National Gaming (PENN) has a 15.78 forward P/E. Twelve of the 17 analysts who cover Bally Technologies rated it buy; five analysts gave the stock a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Bally Technologies a B- grade with a buy rating and $53.92 price target. The stock has risen 20.5% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV