NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of the following stocks hit 52-week highs on Wednesday: Pfizer (PFE), Lockheed Martin (LMT), Valspar (VAL), Biogen Idec (BIIB), Madison Square Garden (MSG) and Bally Technologies (BYI).
The drug company announced on Monday that Nestle is buying its infant nutrition division for $11.85 billion.
Shares of Pfizer hit a 52-week high Wednesday of $22.98. The stock's 52-week low of $16.63 was set on Aug 9.Pfizer trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 9.73 times; the average for pharmaceutical companies is 21.49. For comparison, Merck (MRK) has a higher forward P/E of 10.32. Twenty-one of the 28 analysts who cover Pfizer rated it buy. Five analysts gave the stock a hold rating and two rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Pfizer an A- grade with a buy rating and $27.96 price target. The stock has risen 5.82% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV