JUNO BEACH, Fla., April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Tree branches and palm fronds are among the most common causes of power outages and flickers. That's why Floridians should recognize National Arbor Day on April 27 by following Florida Power & Light Company's (FPL's) "Right Tree, Right Place" tips.
"FPL is committed to providing reliable electric service every day," said Eli Viamontes, FPL's manager of vegetation management. "By making informed landscaping choices, FPL customers can help maintain safe, reliable electric service for their families and neighbors. Arbor Day is a good reminder for our customers to think carefully when they plant any trees or bushes.""Right Tree, Right Place" Tips:
- Find the Right Tree – Trees come in many shapes and sizes, and often change dramatically over their lifetime. Before selecting a tree, FPL recommends learning how tall, wide and deep the tree will be at maturity. Visit www.FPL.com/trees for helpful planting tips and access to a list of recommended trees by region.
- Choose the Right Place – Trees growing too close to power lines can interfere with electric service reliability for the tree owner and the local neighborhood. FPL encourages people to carefully consider where to plant trees and bushes to help ensure they won't interfere with future electric service.
- Call Before You Dig – What you can't see can hurt you. Not all utility lines are located overhead, so before reaching for a shovel, reach for the phone.Sunshine State One Call of Florida offers the free marking of underground lines and equipment. Just call 811 at least two full business days before digging, and they'll see to it that the location of all underground utilities are clearly marked. For more information, visit www.CallSunshine.com.
- Don't Prune Near Power – FPL cautions its customers to never attempt to prune any vegetation growing near overhead power lines. Use only specially trained line clearing professionals to trim trees and bushes away from the lines. Before work begins, be sure to verify that the contractor is licensed and insured.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV