CHICAGO, April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- W.W. Grainger, Inc. (NYSE: GWW) announced today that its board of directors voted to raise the quarterly cash dividend by 21 percent to 80 cents per share payable on June 1, 2012, to shareholders of record on May 14, 2012. Grainger has provided 41 consecutive years of increased dividends, a record that only 3 percent of companies in the S&P 500 can claim.
"We are committed to providing top quartile returns to our investors, and our dividend is an important and consistent part of the equation," said Grainger Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Jim Ryan. In 2011, Grainger delivered a total shareholder return of 38 percent versus 2 percent for the S&P 500.
W.W. Grainger, Inc. with 2011 sales of $8.1 billion is North America's leading broad line supplier of maintenance, repair and operating products, with expanding global operations. For more information about the company, visit www.grainger.com/investor.
Forward-Looking StatementsThis document contains forward-looking statements under the federal securities law. Forward-looking statements relate to the company's expected future financial results and business plans, strategies and objectives and are not historical facts. They are generally identified by qualifiers such as "intention" or similar expressions. There are risks and uncertainties, the outcome of which could cause the company's results to differ materially from what is projected. The forward-looking statements should be read in conjunction with the company's most recent annual report, as well as the company's Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and other reports filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, containing a discussion of the company's business and various factors that may affect it. SOURCE W.W. Grainger, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV