Boeing, DuPont, American Express: Dow Midday Movers
Shares of Boeing rose 4.03% to $76.16. The company's first-quarter earnings and revenue beat analysts' expectations. Boeing reported earnings of $1.11 a share on revenue of $19.4 billion. Analysts expected earnings of 94 cents a share on revenue of $18.4 billion.
TheStreet Ratings gives Boeing a B grade with a buy rating and $84.43 price target.DuPont shares gained 1.97% to $53.72. The chemicals maker raised its quarterly dividend by 5% to 43 cents a share. Also Wednesday, UBS analysts raised their price target on the stock to $53. DuPont gets a A- grade with a buy rating and $60.76 price target from TheStreet Ratings. Shares of American Express rose 1.58% to $58.54. TheStreet Ratings gives American Express an A+ grade with a buy rating and $68.08 price target. The biggest decliner in the index midday Wednesday was Caterpillar (CAT). Shares fell 4.61% to $103.40. Caterpillar reported first-quarter earnings of $1.58 billion, or $2.37 a share, up from year-earlier earnings of $1.23 billion, or $1.84 a share. The company raised its 2012 profit outlook to $9.50 a share, up from previous guidance of $9.25 a share. Analysts, on average, expect full-year 2012 earnings of $9.54 a share. TheStreet Ratings gives Caterpillar an A- grade with a buy rating and $124.77 price target. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV