NEW YORK -- Exxon Mobil (XOM), the world's largest publicly traded energy company, is expected by analysts Thursday to post first-quarter profit of $2.10 a share, down from $2.14 a share a year earlier.
Analysts expect revenue to rise almost 10% to about $125 billion.
Exxon raised its quarterly dividend Wednesday by 21% to 57 cents a share from 47 cents.
Amazon (AMZN), the online retailer, is expected by analysts to post first-quarter earnings of 7 cents a share, down from 44 cents a share a year earlier. Sales are seen rising 31% to $12.9 billion. Amazon is scheduled to report after the markets close Thursday. 9 Cybersecurity Stocks to Consider Now
United Parcel Service (UPS), the world's largest package-delivery company, is expected to post quarterly earnings of $1.01 a share, up from 88 cents a year earlier. First-quarter revenue is seen up 5.4% to $13.26 billion. 5 Bargain Bin Stocks You Need to Buy
PepsiCo's (PEP) first-quarter earnings should come in at 66 cents a share, according to analysts, on revenue of $12.35 billion.
Dow Chemical (DOW) is expected by analysts to report earnings of 59 cents a share on revenue of $14.96 billion. The estimates excludes a charge of $350 million for plant closings because of a slowdown in Europe.
Starbucks (SBUX), the coffee seller, is expected by analysts to post a profit of 39 cents a share on revenue of $3.18 billion in its fiscal second quarter.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV