UnitedHealthcare will host a series of community meetings across Massachusetts to help baby boomers and other Medicare beneficiaries better understand the Medicare program so they can make confident health care choices.
Every day for the next decade, 10,000 boomers will turn 65 and become eligible for Medicare, bringing tremendous growth to the country’s largest health insurance program. In Massachusetts, 1.1 million baby boomers will turn 65 this year. The UnitedHealthcare community meetings will help these newly eligible individuals and other Medicare beneficiaries learn about their Medicare options.
“Our goal is to help people enrolling in Medicare for the first time or making changes to their coverage feel more comfortable and secure in the process,” said Deb Kaplan-Lewis, regional vice president of UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement in Massachusetts. “By holding meetings in convenient neighborhood locations across Massachusetts, we hope to make it easier for people to get the information they need to make an informed decision regarding their health care coverage.”
At the meetings, local licensed sales agents who understand the community and the needs of local beneficiaries will present information about the basics of Medicare, including the different parts of the program, eligibility requirements and enrollment windows. An overview of UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans available in Massachusetts will also be presented. Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions about their coverage options and how to find coverage in their community that best meets their health and financial needs.Monthly meetings will be held in four cities across Massachusetts through June:
- Marriott Courtyard Boston Logan, 225 William F. McClellan Highway, Boston; second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.
- Marriott Courtyard Boston Natick, 342 Speen St., Natick; first and third Monday of each month at 7 p.m. (excluding Memorial Day)
- Marriott Courtyard Boston Waltham, 387 Winter St., Waltham; second and fourth Monday of each month at 7 p.m.
- Phillips Old Colony House, 780 Morrissey Blvd., Dorchester; first and third Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV