Euronet Worldwide, Inc. (“Euronet” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: EEFT), a leading electronic payments provider, reports first quarter 2012 financial results.
Euronet reports the following consolidated results for the first quarter 2012:
- Revenues of $297.6 million, a 13% increase from $262.6 million for the first quarter 2011 (16% increase on a constant currency (1) basis).
- Operating income of $15.8 million, an 8% decrease from $17.2 million for the first quarter 2011 (5% decrease on a constant currency basis).
- Adjusted EBITDA (2) of $35.4 million, a 5% increase from $33.6 million for the first quarter 2011 (10% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Net income attributable to Euronet of $13.2 million or $0.26 diluted earnings per share, compared with income of $17.3 million or $0.33 diluted earnings per share for the first quarter 2011.
- Adjusted cash earnings per share (3) of $0.33, compared with $0.30 for the first quarter 2011.
- Transactions of 539 million, compared with 454 million for the first quarter 2011.
See the reconciliation of non-GAAP items in the attached financial schedules.
"I am pleased with the double-digit revenue and transaction growth delivered by each of our segments," stated Michael J. Brown, Euronet's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "This revenue and transaction growth was the leading contributor to the double-digit increase in adjusted cash earnings per share. I am excited about the momentum in each segment and feel we are well positioned to continue this growth in the coming quarters."Segment and Other Results The EFT Processing Segment reports the following results for the first quarter 2012:
- Revenues of $49.9 million, a 12% increase from $44.4 million for the first quarter 2011 (22% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Operating income of $6.0 million, a 2% decrease from $6.1 million for the first quarter 2011 (5% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Adjusted EBITDA of $12 million, a 9% increase from $11.0 million for the first quarter 2011 (17% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Transactions of 266 million, compared with 206 million for the first quarter 2011.
- ATMs operated of 15,614 as of March 31, 2012, compared with 11,055 as of March 31, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV