PACCAR’s Board of Directors (Nasdaq:PCAR) today declared an increase to the regular quarterly cash dividend to twenty cents ($.20) per share from eighteen cents ($.18), payable June 5, 2012, to stockholders of record at the close of business on May 18, 2012.
“The increase in the quarterly dividend reflects PACCAR’s excellent operating results,” said Mark Pigott, chairman and chief executive officer. “In the first quarter of 2012 net income increased to $327.3 million ($.91 per diluted share) as a result of improved commercial vehicle markets in North America and growth in financial services assets and aftermarket revenues worldwide.” PACCAR has earned a net profit for 73 consecutive years and has paid a dividend every year since 1941. The company’s stock has outperformed the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index for the previous five- and ten-year time periods.
“PACCAR’s business in South America continues to grow. The successful launch of DAF trucks in Chile, Ecuador and Peru last year contributed to strong sales in the region. The DAF factory will commence production in Brasil in mid-2013, providing increased sales in the region,” said Bob Christensen, PACCAR executive vice president.
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.PACCAR shares are traded on the Nasdaq Global Select market, symbol PCAR, and its homepage is www.paccar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV