Steel producer Ternium (TX) is another bargain bin name worth watching this month. The firm has exposure to massive steel processing capacity in Argentina, Mexico, Colombia and Brazil, giving the firm a front row seat to the Latin American growth story that's been shaping up in the last decade.
As a holding company, Ternium owns a diverse set of steel-producing assets, from vertically integrated producers in Mexico to processing mills in Argentina. That mix means that commodity shifts don't fully impact the firm in either direction, and helped the firm snap back its revenues in the wake of the financial crisis.>>5 Breakout Trades From the Eurozone With emerging markets re-emerging as a growth story in 2012, investors could see demand perk up considerably for TX's offerings -- especially in markets such as China, which currently make up a tiny fraction of output. With shares trading at only 84% of book, this asset-intense company looks cheap right now. Especially when the net cash position on Ternium's balance sheet is taken into account. So far this quarter, base metals companies generally have delivered impressive earnings surprise. Investors get their first glimpse at TX's numbers later this morning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV