Cramer said he's willing to overlook the company's revenue and earnings shortfall, and the opaqueness of the company's recent acquisition of Instagram, because Facebook has the "demo," the people (demographics) that advertisers are clamoring for. Facebook is immensely profitable, said Cramer, calling the company "the real thing."
Cramer acknowledged that without knowing the final price of the deal, this recommendation to buy is being made in a vacuum. But Cramer also noted that he advised selling the IPOs of Yelp (YELP), Groupon (GRPN), Pandora (P) and Zynga (ZNGA) and would still be a seller of these companies. Only Facebook, he determined, has a solid business model.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Allison Transmission (ALSN), Intuitive Surgical (ISRG), Lions Gate Entertainment (LGF) and Whole Foods Markets (WFM).
--Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C.To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Click
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV