Cramer said he's willing to overlook the company's revenue and earnings shortfall, and the opaqueness of the company's recent acquisition of Instagram, because Facebook has the "demo," the people (demographics) that advertisers are clamoring for. Facebook is immensely profitable, said Cramer, calling the company "the real thing."
Cramer acknowledged that without knowing the final price of the deal, this recommendation to buy is being made in a vacuum. But Cramer also noted that he advised selling the IPOs of Yelp (YELP), Groupon (GRPN), Pandora (P) and Zynga (ZNGA) and would still be a seller of these companies. Only Facebook, he determined, has a solid business model.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Allison Transmission (ALSN), Intuitive Surgical (ISRG), Lions Gate Entertainment (LGF) and Whole Foods Markets (WFM).
--Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C.To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Click here to sign up for Jim's Daily Booyah to get the Mad Money recap delivered to your inbox. For more of Cramer's insights during the Lightning Round, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV