Groupon Grassroots ( http://grassroots.groupon.com), the social giving branch of Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) ( http://www.groupon.com), raised more than $126,000 for local organizations and fulfilled hundreds of dedicated supplies requests over a week-long celebration in honor of Earth Day and the company’s relaunch of Groupon Grassroots, formerly G-Team. Concluded on Earth Day, the initiative connected Groupon subscribers with community leaders to inspire collective action and support environmental efforts in 50 cities nationwide.
Groupon Grassroots success comes in all objects and sizes. Thanks to the Earth Day campaigns:
- More than 4,400 trees will be planted across the US and in heavily deforested areas in Haiti
- Forty people will travel to Zambia for a volunteer project
- Environmentally-driven classes, workshops and camps will be organized to serve more than 1,400 attendees
- Energy-efficient upgrades will be implemented in low-income and Habitat for Humanity homes, community centers, transitional housing and a battered women’s shelter
- Water quality will be improved in five cities by way of trash removal, volunteer training and water testing
- Communities in Cincinnati and St. Louis will be enriched with 18 beautified vacant lots and more than 25 raised garden beds, respectively
- Bike Light sets and helmets will be gifted to 443 locals in Austin and Portland, Ore.
“We’re honored to work with these local organizations as they lay the foundation for strong, sustainable communities,” said Patty Huber, Director, Groupon Grassroots. “Being able to provide a large platform for them to tell their story, garner support and inspire involvement is what brings us into the office every day.”
The weeklong salute to Earth Day also served as Groupon Grassroots’ re-introduction under a new brand, strengthening their mission to activate citizenship and facilitate community revitalization by spotlighting local campaigns. Groupon Grassroots campaigns provide Groupon subscribers with a new way to discover local causes and work together to improve their neighborhoods.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV