Directors of UGI Corporation (NYSE: UGI), a holding company with utility, propane marketing and energy services subsidiaries, approved an increase in the quarterly dividend of 4% to $0.27 a share on the company’s common stock. The dividend is payable July 1, 2012 to shareholders of record as of June 15, 2012.
Lon R. Greenberg, chairman and chief executive officer of UGI, said, “We are very proud of UGI’s tradition of paying a common dividend for 128 consecutive years and of increasing the dividend for 25 consecutive years. We are pleased to once again deliver on our commitments to UGI’s shareholders despite experiencing the effects of one of the warmest winters in the Company’s history. Our long term track record of paying and increasing our dividend, while retaining a substantial amount of cash to reinvest in UGI’s businesses, demonstrates the merits of UGI as a growth and income investment.”
UGI is a distributor and marketer of energy products and services. Through subsidiaries, UGI operates natural gas and electric utilities in Pennsylvania, distributes propane both domestically and internationally, manages midstream energy and electric generation assets in Pennsylvania, and engages in energy marketing in the Mid-Atlantic region. UGI, through subsidiaries, is the sole General Partner and owns 26% of AmeriGas Partners, L.P. (NYSE:APU), the nation's largest retail propane distributor.Comprehensive information about UGI Corporation is available on the Internet at http://www.ugicorp.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV