iRobot Corp. (NASDAQ: IRBT), a leader in delivering robotic technology-based solutions, today announced its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
- Revenue for the first quarter of 2012 was $97.8 million, compared with $106.3 million for the same quarter one year ago.
- Net income in the first quarter of 2012 was $0.7 million, compared with $7.5 million in the first quarter of 2011.
- Quarterly earnings per share were $0.02, compared with $0.27 in the first quarter last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the first quarter of 2012 was $6.1 million, compared with $15.2 million in the first quarter of 2011.
“We kicked off 2012 with a better than anticipated quarter, and therefore we are reaffirming our full-year fiscal 2012 financial expectations. The results and outlook for our Home Robot business are excellent while the near-term visibility in our Defense & Security business continues to be limited,” said Colin Angle, chairman and chief executive officer of iRobot.
“The improvement in domestic sales, expanded distribution of new products and further penetration into long-term international markets will drive growth in the Home Robot business. Orders for FirstLook and SUGV robots from the U.S. military and sales to foreign countries will support our Defense & Security business in the second half of 2012.”
- Strong growth in both domestic and international markets fueled a 20 percent year-over-year Q1 increase in Home Robot revenue. For the full year, we have increased our expectations for the Home Robot business and now expect revenue in this business unit to comprise 75 percent of total company revenue.
- Defense & Security Q1 results were below our expectations. We continue to experience funding delays that will impact Q2 revenue as well. We have reflected that impact in our lower full-year expectations for this business unit.
- In mid-April, we launched one of the largest domestic marketing campaigns in our history. The multifaceted media blitz, based on the concept “iRobot, Do You?”, includes an extensive integrated presence on television, online and print publications.
|Revenue||$102 - $112 million|
|Earnings Per Share||$0.05 - $0.13|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$7 - $10 million|
|Fiscal Year 2012:|
|Revenue||$465 - $485 million|
|Earnings Per Share||$0.75 - $0.95|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$56 - $63 million|
|Full-Year 2012 Business Unit Revenue|
|Home Robots||$345 - $355 million|
|Defense & Security Robots||$120 - $130 million|
|Date:||Wednesday, April 25, 2012|
|Time:||8:30 a.m. ET|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV