If you should need to exit the call for any reason, you may access a complete replay beginning approximately two hours after the call concludes by dialing the toll free number 855-859-2056 and entering conference ID 40915423 or you simply may log onto our Company's homepage for the webcast replay.
As we begin, a brief reminder. This call may contain certain forward-looking statements that are subject to the Safe Harbor language in today's press release and in IDEX's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
With that, I'll now turn this call over to our Chairman, Andy Silvernail. Andy?
Andrew K. SilvernailThanks Mike. Good morning everybody. I want to thank you for taking the time today to participate in the call. We appreciate the interest that you all have in IDEX. We’ll let’s get started. As Mike mentioned, I am going to walk-through the quarter and segment results and share my perspective on where we see the markets going and how it’s impacting our performance. The bottom line is we had a very strong start to the year. We built significant backlog during the first quarter and our end markets and geographies are performing as we expected. These factors have positioned us very nicely for the remainder of the year, providing us confidence in our improved to 2012 outlook. Additionally, the CVI integration is on track. We’ve put a lot of focus on our Optics and Photonics platform and the team has responded extremely well. While there have been some end market headwinds, I am pleased with the progress today. I’ll go into more details on the CVI integration when I give an update on the segment later. In our last two earnings calls, we’ve talked about our platform strategy. This strategy has continued to mature and gain traction and I am pleased with the execution and the delivered results from our team.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV