10 Most Expensive Beers in Baseball
Correction: Due to inaccurate information from Team Marketing Report, the price of a small beer at the Detroit Tigers' Comerica Park and Texas Rangers' Rangers Ballpark was misreported in an earlier version of this story. The smallest beer at both facilities is $5.
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- We're roughly a month into the Major League Baseball season and baseball's beer drinking fans are already behind in the standings.
Major League Baseball's average price for a small beer rose from $5.81 last year to $6.16 this year. At this time last year, the highest price for a small beer was the $7.25 the Boston Red Sox were charging at Fenway Park. This year three teams have exceeded that price, with one team breaking the $8 barrier for the first time ever.
With help from Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index, we came up with the Top 10 beer prices in the league. In each case, fans are getting soaked beyond the average:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV