Nearest Resistance: $82
Nearest Support: $72Catalyst: Earnings Miss >>Health Care Stocks Bought and Sold by Hedge Funds Lo and behold, we're seeing an almost identical setup in mid-cap instrument manufacturer Waters (WAT) today. Like Netflix, earnings are driving this stock this afternoon, after it posted a miss on its first-quarter results before the opening bell this morning. While investors had been expecting the firm to earn $1.09, WAT only brought $1 per share to its bottom line in the last three months. Waters spent most of 2012 forming a topping pattern with support at $87. Shares closed just under that price yesterday, indicating that demand was waning ahead of today's open. Today's massive breakdown sent shares well under their next meaningful support level at $82; now that price is resistance. Shorts should consider aiming for a target at $72. That said, like Netflix, this is another higher-risk trade. Risk-averse traders need not apply.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV