Nearest Resistance: $33
Nearest Support: $31.50Catalyst: Earnings Semiconductor firm Texas Instruments (TXN) comes up first on our list of most-searched stocks this week, coming off the heels of the firm's first quarter earnings call after the close yesterday. The company reported earnings of 22 cents per shares, besting Wall Street's expectations of 17 cents. In spite of a relatively small percentage change from yesterday, TXN is actually making a fairly broad swing in this afternoon's session -- one with big technical implications. Texas Instruments has been trading in a sideways channel for the better part of 2012, and today's earnings reaction is forcing a test of support at $31.50. So far, TXN is holding up above $31.50 -- a very good thing for shareholders of this stock; a breakdown below that support level would spur a short signal in TXN. Even though support's holding and earnings were positive yesterday, I'd recommend sitting on the sidelines at least until shares can overcome resistance at the 50-day moving average. That level has acted as a sort of ceiling for shares in the past. Texas Instruments shows up on a list of 5 Chip Stocks JPMorgan Likes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV