As one of Germany's biggest banks, Deutsche Bank (DB) has taken a lot of heat for its levered-up exposure to EU sovereign debt. Now, investor anxiety could be ramping up enough to spur even more selling in this financial firm. For traders, the short signal comes from a solid technical setup in shares.
Right now, Deutsche bank is forming a head and shoulders top, arguably one of the most well known technical patterns out there. The head and shoulders is formed by two intermediate peaks that take place around the same price level, separated by a higher peak in between. The pattern signals exhaustion among buyers -- and flags traders with a sell signal on a breakdown below the neckline that sits below all three peaks. In DB's case, the neckline comes in at $42.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV