Baker Hughes: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P 500 was rising 6.59 points, or 0.48%, to 1,373.53.
Shares of Baker Hughes rose 5.84% Tuesday to $43.47. The oil and natural gas services company reported first-quarter earnings Tuesday that topped analysts' estimates.
First-quarter earnings were $379 million, or 86 cents a share, down from year-earlier earnings of $381 million, or 87 cents. Analysts, on average, expected earnings of 80 cents a share.Baker Hughes trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 9.27 times; the average for oil equipment and services companies is 12.23. For comparison, Halliburton (HAL) has a lower forward P/E of 8.34. Twenty-one of the 32 analysts who cover Baker Hughes rated it buy; 11 analysts gave the stock a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Baker Hughes a B- grade with a buy rating and $47.38 price target. The stock has fallen 10.77% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV