- Revenues were $109.4 million, compared to $111.4 million in the first quarter of 2011, a decrease of 1.8 percent.
- Operating income was $17.9 million, compared to $22.5 million for the same period in 2011. Operating margin was 16.4 percent, compared to 20.2 percent for the first quarter 2011.
- Net income attributable to Capella Education Company for the first quarter of 2012 was $11.3 million, compared to $14.6 million for the same period in 2011.
- Diluted net income per share was $0.82, compared to $0.90 for the same period in 2011.
- Capella University total active enrollment decreased 5.9 percent to 37,553 and new enrollment decreased by 4.9 percent from first quarter 2011.
Capella Education Company Reports First Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts