OAG Launches Mapper, A New Network Analysis Mapping Tool
LONDON, April 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- OAG, a UBM Aviation brand, today unveiled its new aviation analysis mapping tool, OAG Mapper. This latest innovation, from the global leader in aviation intelligence, combines a powerful global flight schedule query with advanced mapping software technology to quickly plot route network maps, based on data drawn from OAG's market leading schedules database of 1,000 airlines and over 3,500 airports. It is ideal for those in commercial, marketing and strategic planning roles across the airlines, airports, tourism, consulting and route network related industry sectors.
A web-based tool that eliminates the need to hand-draw network routes onto maps, OAG Mapper allows users to either import IATA Airport codes, or to enter a carrier, airport, equipment type or a combination of these and generate custom network maps in seconds. The user can then highlight key routes by changing the thickness and colour of the lines and label them for easy reference, save the map to their profile and export to jpeg for use in network planning, forecasting, strategy and executive presentations.
"Aviation professionals who plan, forecast and analyse airline networks have never before had a single system that allows them to bring their network plans and presentations to life in an online format," said Rob Shaw, OAG Product Director. "The OAG Mapper tool provides users with the ability to easily build an online library of custom-generated aviation route maps. It is a great example of how using OAG data intelligently can lead to the development of new solutions that help streamline our customers' processes, increasing productivity and saving valuable time."Discover more about enhancing network planning, forecasting and presentations with the power of OAG Mapper at www.oagaviation.com/mapper. Editors' Notes:
- OAG, a UBM Aviation brand, is the trusted source for aviation information and analytical services. Our leading aviation databases unrivalled in their scale, accuracy and comprehensiveness are integral to the worlds' aviation industry operations. For more information, visit www.oag.com.
- OAG Mapper is an easy to use and intuitive aviation mapping tool powered by the industry leading OAG Flight Schedules database. The advanced software enables users to enter specific parameters and quickly generate a custom aviation network map for use in analysis, planning and executive presentations. For more information, visit www.oagaviation.com/mapper.
- UBM Aviation, a UBM plc company, is the pioneer of innovative market leading aviation solutions. Our instantly recognisable brands provide the data, analysis, events, media and consultancy services that drive route development and financial growth for our customers' businesses. For more information, visit www.ubmaviation.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV