You will note in our press release and slides issued today that we have provided you with statements of operations for the three months and six months ended March 31, 2012 on a GAAP basis, as well as certain non-GAAP financial information. A reconciliation between the GAAP and non-GAAP financial information is also provided in the press release and slides posted on our website. In general, our non-GAAP information excludes restructuring costs, acquisition and integration costs, non-cash stock-based compensation expense, amortization expense and other infrequent or unusual items to the extent material. Any comments we make on this call as it relates to the income statement measures will be directed at our non-GAAP financial results. Accordingly, unless otherwise stated in the conference call, when we refer to gross profit, gross margin, operating income, operating margin, net income and earnings per share, we are referring to our non-GAAP information.
I would now like to turn the call over to Jure Sola, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Thanks, Paige. Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to our conference call. Here with me today is Bob Eulau, our CFO.Bob Eulau Good afternoon, everyone. Jure Sola Well, the agenda we have today is that Bob will review our financial results for the second quarter fiscal year 2012. I will follow up with the comments relative to Sanmina-SCI results and future goals. Then Bob and I will open for question-and-answers. And now I would like to turn the call over to Bob. Bob Eulau Okay. Thanks, Jure. And please turn to slide three. Overall, the second quarter was challenging but not significantly different from what we had expected. Revenue of $1.46 billion was down 2.6% on a sequential basis and down 6.8% from the second quarter last year. This was at the low end of our guidance of $1.45 billion to $1.55 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV