OPEIU Demands Apology From Madeline Dean Campaign For Inappropriate And Demeaning Remarks
PHILADELPHIA, April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) is demanding an apology from Pennsylvania State House candidate Madeline Dean for inappropriate remarks made to an African-American OPEIU member who was campaigning for her opponent Nick Mattiacci on Saturday, April 21, 2012. Both Dean and Mattiacci are running to fill Democrat Josh Shapiro's District 153 House Seat.
"We are outraged with the Madeline Dean campaign and in particular, Robin Beall, a representative of the campaign, who had the audacity to approach an African-American member of my delegation and question him on who he was and what he was doing in the community," said OPEIU International President Michael Goodwin. "He was very respectful to Ms. Beall despite her inappropriate behavior, yet she found it necessary to publicly refer to him as nasty, threatening, and a 'thug'."
Goodwin said OPEIU is demanding an apology "to me, my delegation, and to Nick Mattiacci for this outrageous behavior."
ABOUT OPEIUThe Office and Professional Employees International Union represents more than 108,000 members in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. OPEIU represents employees and independent contractors in banking and credit unions, insurance, higher education, shipping, hospitals, medical clinics, utilities, transportation, hotels, administrative offices and more. Professional organizations and Guilds affiliated with OPEIU are a diverse group that includes physicians, pharmacists, chiropractors, appraisers, podiatrists, clinical social workers, hypnotists, teachers, minor league baseball umpires and helicopter pilots. SOURCE Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV