- Orders increased 20 percent compared to the prior year (+11 percent organic, +10 percent acquisition and -1 percent foreign currency translation).
- Sales increased 15 percent compared to the prior year (+6 percent organic, +10 percent acquisition and -1 percent foreign currency translation).
- Reported net income of $52 million was $4 million, or 9 percent, higher than the prior year. Excluding restructuring related charges, adjusted net income was $56 million or 16 percent higher than prior-year net income.
- Reported diluted EPS of 62 cents was 5 cents, or 9 percent, higher than the prior-year EPS. Adjusted EPS of 66 cents was 9 cents, or 16 percent, higher than the prior-year EPS.
- EBITDA of $104 million was 21 percent of sales and covered interest expense by nearly 10 times.
- Free cash flow was $52 million, representing a first quarter record and 100 percent of net income.
- The Company completed the repurchase of 239 thousand shares of common stock for $10.2 million.
- The Board of Directors approved an 18 percent increase in the quarterly cash dividend in April.
IDEX Corporation Reports Record First Quarter 2012 Results; Adjusted Earnings Per Share Of 66 Cents
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.