- Orders increased 20 percent compared to the prior year (+11 percent organic, +10 percent acquisition and -1 percent foreign currency translation).
- Sales increased 15 percent compared to the prior year (+6 percent organic, +10 percent acquisition and -1 percent foreign currency translation).
- Reported net income of $52 million was $4 million, or 9 percent, higher than the prior year. Excluding restructuring related charges, adjusted net income was $56 million or 16 percent higher than prior-year net income.
- Reported diluted EPS of 62 cents was 5 cents, or 9 percent, higher than the prior-year EPS. Adjusted EPS of 66 cents was 9 cents, or 16 percent, higher than the prior-year EPS.
- EBITDA of $104 million was 21 percent of sales and covered interest expense by nearly 10 times.
- Free cash flow was $52 million, representing a first quarter record and 100 percent of net income.
- The Company completed the repurchase of 239 thousand shares of common stock for $10.2 million.
- The Board of Directors approved an 18 percent increase in the quarterly cash dividend in April.
IDEX Corporation Reports Record First Quarter 2012 Results; Adjusted Earnings Per Share Of 66 Cents
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts