Kellogg, Wal-Mart: S&P Laggards
Wal-Mart shares lost 4.66% to $59.54. The world's biggest retailer reportedly used bribes in Mexico to speed the process of doing business in Mexico.
Shares of the Bentonville, Ark.-based company trade at a forward P/E multiple of 11.24X; the average for broad-line retailer companies is 18.71X. For comparison, Target (TGT) has a higher forward P/E of 11.7X.Seventeen of the 24 analysts who cover Wal-Mart rate it at hold. Sixteen analysts give the stock a buy rating and one rates it at sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Wal-Mart an A grade with a buy rating and $71.41 price target. The stock has fallen 22 cents, or 0.37%, year to date.
Other S&P 500 laggards on Monday included:
- First Solar (FSLR): The stock fell 6.78% Monday to $19.25. The stock has dropped 42.98% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives First Solar a C- grade and hold rating.
- Hasbro (HAS): The stock dropped 5.23% Monday to $34.04. The stock has risen 6.74% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Hasbro a B grade with a buy rating and $41.33 price target.
- JDS Uniphase (JDSU): The stock fell 5.17% Monday to $12.28. The stock has risen 17.62% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives JDS Uniphase a C grade and hold rating.
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): The stock dropped 4.77% Monday to $7.39. The stock rose 36.85% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Advanced Micro Devices a C grade and hold rating.
- Weyerhaeuser (WY): The stock fell 4.58% Monday to $20.02. The stock has risen 7.23% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Weyerhaeuser a C grade and hold rating.
- Netflix (NFLX): The stock dropped 4.02% Monday to $101.84. The stock has fallen 4.79% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Netflix a C+ grade and hold rating.
- W.W. Grainger (GWW): The stock fell 3.94% Monday to $211.24. The stock has risen 12.85% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives W.W. Grainger an A+ grade with a buy rating and $279.90 price target.
- Lennar (LEN): The stock dropped 3.93% Monday to $24.72. The stock has risen 25.8% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Lennar a C+ grade and hold rating.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV