"Joint Forces' Inflection Point: What to Hold and What to Fold?"
FAIRFAX, Va., April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The largest defense conference and exposition in the Hampton Roads region returns to the Virginia Beach Convention Center, May 15-17, 2012 . The Joint Warfighting Conference is co-sponsored by AFCEA International and the U.S. Naval Institute, with support from the NDIA Greater Hampton Roads Chapter and the AFCEA Hampton Roads and Tidewater Chapters. The event is open to the public and admission is free. Tickets are required for luncheons.
At the Joint Warfighting Conference, senior military and government leaders and defense industry experts will address the theme "Joint Forces' Inflection Point: What to Hold and What to Fold?" The conference, which is expected to draw over 5000 attendees, will cover important issues facing the military. In addition, 150 information technology and defense exhibitors will showcase hundreds of technologies and solutions, including: Communication Systems, Electronic Warfare Equipment, Information Systems Security, Intelligence Gathering Systems, Satellite Communications, Weapons Systems and much more.
The conference theme and panel session topics are based on input from operating forces. Speakers and panel participants will voice their points of view and experiences with these issues, allowing attendees to benefit from their knowledge and candid discussion. Featured speakers include:
- GEN Martin E. Dempsey, USA, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Gen John R. Allen, USMC, Commander, International Security Assistance Force – Afghanistan and Commander, U.S. Forces Afghanistan (invited)
- Gen James Cartwright, USMC (Ret.), former Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and The Inaugural Harold Brown Chair in Defense Policy Studies, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Mr. Michael Jones, Chief Technology Advocate, Google Ventures
- Moderator: LTG John R. Wood, USA (Ret.) former Deputy Commander, U.S. Joint Forces Command
- RADM Philip S. Davidson, USN, Director, Operations and Intelligence (N3/N2) & Deputy Commander, Task Force TWO ZERO
- LtGen George J. Flynn, USMC, Director, J-7, The Joint Staff
- VAdm C.A. Johnstone-Burt, OBE MA, RN, Chief of Staff, North Atlantic Treaty Organization Allied Command Transformation
- LTG Keith C. Walker, USA, Deputy Commanding General, Futures, Army Capabilities Integration Center, TRADOC
- Moderator: LtCol Frank Hoffman (Ret.), former Senior Director, Naval Capabilities and Readiness, Office of the Deputy Under Secretary of the Navy and Director, NDU Press, National Defense University
- Lt Gen David Deptula, USAF (Ret.), former Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (invited)
- ADM Patrick M. Walsh, USN (Ret.), former Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet (invited)
- Profession of Arms: How Do the Services Meet Tomorrow's Expectations & New Challenges?
- Young Warfighters: What Lessons Are Worth Keeping & How Do We Keep Our Fighting Edge?
- Manned and Unmanned Systems: What Is the Right Mix?
- Cyber Warfare: Are We Really Taking a Joint Approach?
- Equipping the Force for the New Strategy: Reconstitution vs. New Acquisition