W. R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE: WRB) today reported net income for the first quarter of 2012 of $135 million, or 94 cents per share, compared with $116 million, or 78 cents per share, for the first quarter of 2011.
Summary Financial Data
(Amounts in thousands, except per share data)
|Gross premiums written||$||1,401,526||$||1,269,858|
|Net premiums written||1,203,526||1,083,303|
|Net income per diluted share||0.94||0.78|
|Operating income (1)||104,236||96,800|
|Operating income per diluted share||0.73||0.66|
(1) Operating income is a non-GAAP financial measure defined by the Company as net income excluding net investment gains and losses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV