HealthStream, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSTM), a leading provider of learning and research solutions for the healthcare industry, announced today results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
- Revenues of $23.7 million in the first quarter of 2012, up 28% over the first quarter of 2011
- Operating income of $2.3 million in the first quarter of 2012, compared to $2.6 million in the first quarter of 2011: annual customer Summit net costs of approximately $520,000 incurred in the first quarter of 2012 versus the second quarter of 2011
- Net income of $1.4 million in the first quarter of 2012, compared to net income of $1.5 million in the first quarter of 2011, and earnings per share (EPS) of $0.05 per share in the first quarter of 2012, compared to EPS of $0.07 per share in the first quarter of 2011
- Adjusted EBITDA 1 of $4.1 million in the first quarter of 2012, up 8% from $3.8 million in the first quarter of 2011
First Quarter 2012 Compared to First Quarter 2011Revenues for the first quarter of 2012 increased $5.2 million, or 28 percent, to $23.7 million, compared to $18.5 million for the first quarter of 2011. Revenues for HealthStream Learning and HealthStream Research grew by 37 percent and six percent, respectively, over the prior year first quarter. Revenues from HealthStream Learning increased by $4.9 million, or 37 percent, when compared to the first quarter of 2011. Revenues from our Internet-based subscription products increased by approximately $3.5 million, or 28 percent, over the prior year quarter due to a higher number of subscribers and more courseware consumption by subscribers. Revenues from project-based services increased $595,000 over the prior year quarter. SimVentures, our collaborative arrangement with Laerdal Medical A/S, delivered $374,000 in revenues in the first quarter of 2012, which compares to no revenue in the first quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV