Facebook's revenue number for the last three months of 2011 has been added to this story.
MENLO PARK, Calif. (TheStreet) -- Facebook is growing revenue at a healthy pace ahead of its planned initial public offering but expenses are on the rise as well.
The social networking giant provided additional information on its financial performance in a regulatory filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, saying it generated revenue of $1.06 billion for the first three months of 2012.
The revenue figure was up 45% compared to the prior year's quarter, according to the amended S-1 filing. Facebook's cost of revenue, however, increased $110 million, or 66%, over the same period, which the company largely attributed to data center expansion and a 66% increase in headcount.
|Facebook has given additional information on its financial performance.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV