Select Comfort (SCSS) is a bed manufacturer and retailer. Select Comfort designs, manufactures, markets and distributes the Sleep Number bed and other sleep-related products. This stock is trading up 2.5% at $31.56 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.8 millionAverage Volume: 1.2 million Volume % Change: 97% From a technical perspective, SCSS is starting to move back above its 50-day moving average of $31.34 today with heavy volume. This move here follows a two-day high-volume selloff in the stock from $35.60 to back below its 50-day. Traders should now consider long-biased trades in SCSS if it can manage to close back above its 50-day and near its daily high of $31.81. If we get that strong close today, look for SCSS to hit $33 or higher in the near-term. I would simply avoid long trades in SCSS if it closes below its 50-day and takes out today's low of $29.30 with high volume. I also featured Select Comfort, which shows up on a list of 4 Stocks That Are Real Sleepers in 2012, "5 Stocks Poised to Pop on Earnings."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV