Select Comfort (SCSS) is a bed manufacturer and retailer. Select Comfort designs, manufactures, markets and distributes the Sleep Number bed and other sleep-related products. This stock is trading up 2.5% at $31.56 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.8 millionAverage Volume: 1.2 million Volume % Change: 97% From a technical perspective, SCSS is starting to move back above its 50-day moving average of $31.34 today with heavy volume. This move here follows a two-day high-volume selloff in the stock from $35.60 to back below its 50-day. Traders should now consider long-biased trades in SCSS if it can manage to close back above its 50-day and near its daily high of $31.81. If we get that strong close today, look for SCSS to hit $33 or higher in the near-term. I would simply avoid long trades in SCSS if it closes below its 50-day and takes out today's low of $29.30 with high volume. I also featured Select Comfort, which shows up on a list of 4 Stocks That Are Real Sleepers in 2012, " 5 Stocks Poised to Pop on Earnings."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV