HeartWave International (HTWR) develops and manufactures small implantable heart pumps, or ventricular assist devices, for the treatment of advanced heart failure. This stock is trading up 4.5% at $70.21 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 498,000Average Volume: 124,859 Volume % Change: 423% Shares of HTWR are ripping higher today after Wall Street analysts said the review by the FDA of the company's blood pump raised few new issues and the device was likely to get approved. >>Health Care Stocks Bought and Sold by Hedge Funds From a technical perspective, HTWR is surging back above its 50-day moving average today on heavy volume. This move has also pushed the stock close to and above some near-term overhead resistance at $69.68 to $71.11. Traders should now consider long-biased trades as long as HTWR is trending above both its 50-day at $68.50 and above those near-term resistance levels with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume days that are near or above 124,859 shares as strong. If we get that action, look for HTWR to re-test its recent highs of $74.89 to $77.01 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV