It remains in positive territory on a year-to-date basis, but the Global X Uranium ETF (URA) has also taken lumps in this choppy market environment.
iShares Silver Trust (SLV) -2.7%Precious metals-related ETFs are taking a hit with the SLV, the Global X Gold Explorers ETF (GLDX), and the Global X Silver Miners ETF (SIL) heading south.
Like the Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ), GLDX tracks a basket of smaller gold producers. The fund, however, is considerably more small cap-focused than GDXJ. This can be seen in comparing the two funds' Morningstar style box placement.
Ample exposure to small caps makes GLDX inherently vulnerable to market shakiness. For long term investors, this fund is best suited for a watch list rather than a portfolio.
All prices as of 2:11 PM DST
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV