Goldman Sachs analyst Terry Darling and Nick Heymann, his counterpart at William Blair, both upped their target price to $22 from $21. Darling maintained his "buy" rating on GE, while Heymann left his recommendation at "market perform."
|Two analysts raised their target prices for GE following its earnings report Friday.|
Goldman's Darling cited "stronger orders and stabilizing equipment pricing that enhances 2013 visibility."
Blair's Heymann left his 2012 earnings estimates unchanged for GE. He upped his 2013 estimates to $1.80 from $1.75 "to reflect better GE Real Estate profitability."However, Heymann's reason for raising the target price was "solely based on higher overall market valuations," for industrial sector stocks. General Electric shares gained 1.1% on Friday following the release of earnings, but were down 1.86% to $19 shortly after noon on Monday. Most analysts were modestly encouraged by earnings, though some noted General Electric's positive earnings surprise could be chalked up to the fact that its financial unit paid a 9.4% tax rate as opposed to the 15% management had been forecasting . -- Written by Dan Freed in New York. Follow this writer on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV