Rating Change #9
Hanesbrands Inc (HBI) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally poor debt management and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to -$94.12 million or 6.84% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, HANESBRANDS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 40.89%.
- HBI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 17.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 155.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $48.11 million to -$26.83 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.25 and currently higher than the industry average, implying that there is very poor management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, HBI has a quick ratio of 0.64, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
Hanesbrands Inc., a consumer goods company, engages in designing, manufacturing, sourcing, and selling a range of basic apparels in the United States and internationally. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.1, below the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 10.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Hanesbrands has a market cap of $2.75 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 23.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.You can view the full Hanesbrands Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV