Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) announced today that it invested $4.9 million in 336 nonprofits in Maryland in 2011 – totaling nearly $13,400 in daily giving to local nonprofit organizations. In addition, Wells Fargo team members contributed more than $615,400 and 25,600 volunteer hours to help their neighborhoods and communities succeed.
“There are many families and individuals in our communities who have been affected, in some way, by the current economic challenges, and I am proud of how our company and our Maryland team members have helped make a difference for those in need,” said Andy Bertamini, Wells Fargo regional president for Maryland. “Year after year, Wells Fargo continues to offer its financial resources and expertise, working closely with nonprofits and other stakeholders to promote long-term economic growth and quality of life in communities in Maryland.”
Maryland non-profits and programs supported by Wells Fargo in 2011 include:
- Maryland Food Bank
- Teach for America - Baltimore
- United Way of Central Maryland
- Big Brother Big Sisters Baltimore
- Saint Ambrose Housing Aid Center, Inc.
Nationally, Wells Fargo invested $213.5 million in 19,000 nonprofits in 2011, giving more than $200 million for the fourth consecutive year. In addition, Wells Fargo team members contributed more than $63.9 million and 1.5 million volunteer hours to 25,000 nonprofits and schools. For the third year in a row, United Way Worldwide has named Wells Fargo’s annual Community Support and United Way Campaign the No. 1 Giving Campaign.About Wells Fargo Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.3 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores, 12,000 ATMs, the Internet ( wellsfargo.com and wachovia.com), and other distribution channels across North America and internationally. We want to help all of our customers succeed financially and create long-term economic growth and quality of life for everyone in our communities. In 2011, the Company invested $213.5 million in grants in 19,000 nonprofits, and team members contributed more than 1.5 million volunteer hours around the country. For more information, please visit: www.wellsfargo.com/about/csr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV