Netflix is set to report first-quarter results after market close, and investors will be focusing on the company's subscriber additions for the quarter.
The company's shares have been extremely volatile over the past twelve months. In July, shares traded over $300 per share, only to have a series of missteps and blunders cause them to lose two-thirds of their value. Shares fell more than 60% in 2011, as Netflix faced a backlash over price hikes, business separation plans and content deals.
These missteps caused TheStreet's readers to name Netflix CEO Reed Hastings as the worst tech CEO of 2011.Netflix's stock, however, has started to recapture some of its luster. The company's shares have gained 47.6% year-to-date, as investors saw positives from fourth-quarter earnings as a sign that the company might be turning itself around. TheStreet wants to know where you think Netflix's stock will be trading twenty-four hours after earnings. Vote in the poll and results will be up later in the week. Shares of Netflix are lower on the day, off 3.03% to $102.90.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV