Romney Super PAC Pummels Obama's in March
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Mitt Romney enjoyed his best fundraising month in March while his supporting super PAC outraised Barack Obama's super PAC for the third-straight month in 2012.
Romney's campaign raised $12.6 million as Restore Our Future -- the Romney-backing super PAC -- added $8.7 million, according to Federal Election Commission reports.
"Mitt Romney's continued strong fundraising shows that voters across the country are tired of the failures from President Obama," said Spencer Zwick, Romney's finance chairman, in a statement. "We will continue the hard work to raise the necessary funds to defeat President Obama and change the direction of the country."
Obama-backing super PAC Priorities USA Action reported to the FEC that it raised $2.5 million in March to bring its 2012 total to $4.6 million.Though Restore Our Future continued to outraise Priorities USA Action, the Romney PAC spent nearly 40 times more of its funds than the Obama PAC -- $12.7 million against $318,254. Restore Our Future's spending was largely due to the ongoing primary battle against Rick Santorum that ended two weeks ago when the former Pennsylvania senator dropped out of the race. Romney raised his primary funds of the past year to $86.8 million, which still lagged the $147.4 million Obama has received in this election cycle. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. >Follow Joe Deaux on Twitter. Subscribe on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV