Shares of Signature Bank (SBNY) of New York closed at $64.21 Friday, returning 7% year to date, following a remarkable 20% return during 2011.
The shares trade for 2.1 times tangible book value and for 15 times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $4.22 a share. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $3.67.
Signature Bank will report its first-quarter earnings on Tuesday before the market opens, with a consensus EPS estimate of 84 cents a share, compared to EPS of 85 cents in the fourth quarter and 82 cents a year earlier.Ramsey rated Signature Bank outperform with a $75 price target, and in early April said that the bank's "new equipment/ transportation financing subsidiary
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV